Posts

Builders in Whitton

builders in Whitton

Builders in Whitton | Provilla LTD as a construction company in Whitton, loft conversion builder and extension builders, kitchen extension

Education
There are six primary & junior schools in the town with two of them being faith schools. The four local authority schools are Heathfield Primary (opened 1931) Healthfield Junior, Chase Bridge Primary and Nelson Primary (opened 1911). Bishop Perrin Primary Church of England (opened 1936) and St. Edmund’s Primary Roman Catholic (opened 1938) are the two voluntary-aided faith schools. (builders in Whitton)

The town only has one secondary school, Twickenham Academy. Whilst there are other schools nearby these are often over-subscribed which results in their being no parental choice for many parents. There are controversial plans to build a permanent home for Turing House School on Metropolitan Open Land at Hospital Bridge Road on the Bridge Farm Nursery site, and a new school called The Richmond upon Thames School has been approved and will be built on part of the Richmond upon Thames College site just over the A316 in neighbouring Twickenham.

builders in Whitton

builders in Whitton

Churches
in 1862 Whitton separated from St Mary’s, Twickenham to become the parish of St Philip and St. James Whitton. In anticipation of this change Church of St Philip and St James (C of E) was built. In 1935, due to population growth, St Augustine of Canterbury, Whitton, was created as a London Diocesan Home Mission church in 1935, within the parish of St Philip and St Paul, and met in the main hall of Bishop Perrin School, Hospital Bridge Road. Later in 1958 it became the parish of ‘St. Augustine Whitton’ to coincide with the opening of new St Augustine’s, Whitton that was opened further up Hospital Bridge Road.

A non-conformist Gospel Hall was built in 1881 on the western side of Nelson Road a few metres to the north of the junction with Warren Road. This became redundant with the opening of Whitton Baptist Church in Hounslow Road in 1935 and was later used by various commercial enterprises. The building of Whitton Baptist Church was funded by the compensation paid for the compulsory purchase of St Margaret’s Baptist Church, which was demolished during the construction of the Great Chertsey Road approach to the new Twickenham Bridge across the Thames in 1932. Another Baptist church, The Free Grace Baptist Church, was formed in 1964 and meets in a former Salvation Army Hall in Powder Mill Lane.

The Catholic Church of St Edmund of Canterbury is in Nelson Road and was opened in 1934 by the Edmundite Fathers (Society of Saint Edmund). In 1988 the Edmundite Fathers left Whitton, since when the parish has been in the care of secular clergy.

lofts and extension in Twickenham, loft conversion builders in Twickenham, extension builders in Twickenham, kitchen extension in Twickenham, construction company in Twickenham, builders in Twickenham, lofts and extension in Whitton, loft conversion builders in Whitton, extension builders in Whitton, kitchen extension in Whitton, construction company in Whitton, builders in Whitton, loft conversion builders in Richmond, extension builders in Richmond, builders in Richmond

Construction company in Whitton

construction company in Whitton

Construction company in Whitton | Provilla LTD as a construction company in Whitton, loft conversion builder and extension builders, kitchen extension

Cycling
Richmond is part of the London Cycle Network, offering on and off-road cycle paths throughout the area. (Construction company in Whitton)

Leisure centres
The local authority operated Whitton Sports and Fitness Centre, based at the Twickenham Academy site, has a modern gym, sports hall and astroturf pitches. There are also three large commercial health clubs just over the town’s boundary at The Stoop, Twickenham Golf Course and Twickenham Stadium.

Sport clubs
There are a number of sports clubs in Whitton including the Whitton Lions rugby club located at the Whitton Park Sports Association, and the Whitton Tennis Club based next to Kneller Hall.

Cinema (Construction company in Whitton)
The Odeon cinema in the high street closed in December 1961 since then residents have had to travel to nearby towns such to visit the cinema. The local council has built a new arts centre in Twickenham which has a 300-seat auditoriam for dual theatre and cinema use. This is due to open in 2017 opposite Twickenham station but has not yet been formally named.

Youth Centre
In September 2013, Richmond Council opened a youth centre located behind Whitton High Street in Britannia Lane.

construction company in Whitton

construction company in Whitton

Heritage
With the Royal Court often staying in Richmond and Hampton Court in the eighteenth century, Twickenham was a very fashionable place to live and this has left the area with a unique cultural heritage. Many residents remember childhood outings to a number of important historical houses on the doorstep of Whitton including Ham House, Hampton Court Palace, Marble Hill House, Sion House and Strawberry Hill House. The only remaining country house left in Whitton is Kneller Hall which is now home to the Royal Military School of Music.

There is on only one Conservation Area in the area: Rosecroft Gardens. In addition there are a number of listed buildings such as Kneller Hall, the Shot Tower at Crane Park along with a number of locally listed buildings.

Geography
Whitton is located between the two district centres of Hounslow to the north, and Twickenham to the east and is for the most part suburban housing. The land is between 60 and 70 feet above sea level and is noticeable flat and fertile and was once home to extensive market gardens until the turn of the twentieth century. The soil is mainly Taplow gravel with some patches of brick clay.

The borough’s main arterial road, the A316, running between Chiswick and the M3 motorway was built in the 1930s. Over time areas south of the A316 have been transferred to Twickenham apart from the Rosecroft Estate (which can only be accessed via the A316 thus cutting off Whitton from the rest of Twickenham and helping to develop the separate community identity in Whitton.

Nearest places
Whitton is bordered by a number of other residential districts, with the metropolitan centre of Hounslow and the district centre of Twickenham being the nearest large towns. In addition to these Richmond, London and Kingston upon Thames are also very close and have an even greater pull on the town due to their shopping facilities and employment opportunities.

lofts and extension in Twickenham, loft conversion builders in Twickenham, extension builders in Twickenham, kitchen extension in Twickenham, construction company in Twickenham, builders in Twickenham, lofts and extension in Whitton, loft conversion builders in Whitton, extension builders in Whitton, kitchen extension in Whitton, construction company in Whitton, builders in Whitton, loft conversion builders in Richmond, extension builders in Richmond, builders in Richmond

Kitchen extension in Whitton

kitchen extension in Whitton

Kitchen extension in Whitton | Provilla LTD as a construction company in Whitton, loft conversion builder and extension builders, kitchen extension

Economy
Most people travel outside of the town for their work as very little land is in employment use. Kitchen extension in Whitton. Many people travel into Central London making use of the good transport connections, or work in nearby district centres such as Twickenham and Richmond or the bigger metropolitan centres such as Hounslow and Kingston upon Thames. London Heathrow Airport is important to the local economy both through direct employment and the cluster of international firms that have their European headquarters in the Thames Valley area. (Kitchen extension in Whitton)

kitchen extension in Whitton

kitchen extension in Whitton

The town centre is the third largest in the Richmond upon Thames. In 2014 has received a £2 million programme of economic regeneration including new street lighting, yorkstone pavements and a £5 million redevelopment of the railway station was completed in December 2016. Two new supermarkets have opened, along with a number of upmarket shops leading to some complaints about gentrification as artisan bakeries, coffee shops and wine bars have moved in.

Leisure activities (Kitchen extension in Whitton)
With a third of the borough being green and open space – five times more than any other borough in London, Whitton has much to offer in the way of leisure activities.

Parks and open spaces
The town has one long linear park along the River Crane and five smaller neighbourhood parks that have sport facilities and children’s playgrounds along with three cemeteries. Close to the town are the large Bushy Park and Richmond Park that are managed by The Royal Parks and serve as the larger district parks for the area.

  • Chase Green is located between Redway Drive and Godfrey Avenue, next to Chertsey Road (A316) and is a registered Village Green.
  • Crane Park, the largest park in the town, is on the London Loop walking route. It is managed as a number of wildlife habitats and is home to a number of protected species such as bats and kingfishers.
  • Borough Cemetery along Powder Mill Lane and operated by London Borough of Hounslow
  • Hounslow Heath Open Space is a fragment of the famous Hounslow Heath
  • Hounslow Cemetery along Hanworth Road and operated by London Borough of Hounslow
  • Heathfield Recreation Ground was opened in the 1930s and is laid out to accommodate sport pitches and a pavilion.
  • Murray Park was opened in 1914 and is set out as grassland and children’s playgrounds.
  • Twickenham Cemetery (Kitchen extension in Whitton)

lofts and extension in Twickenham, loft conversion builders in Twickenham, extension builders in Twickenham, kitchen extension in Twickenham, construction company in Twickenham, builders in Twickenham, lofts and extension in Whitton, loft conversion builders in Whitton, extension builders in Whitton, kitchen extension in Whitton, construction company in Whitton, builders in Whitton, loft conversion builders in Richmond, extension builders in Richmond, builders in Richmond

Extension builders in Whitton

extension builders in Whitton

Extension builders in Whitton | Provilla LTD as a construction company in Whitton, loft conversion builder and extension builders, kitchen extension

Early 20th century
Although there was a little housing development in the 19th century, on Nelson and Hounslow Roads and in the area between Kneller and Nelson Roads, Whitton remained a quiet country village. (Extension builders in Whitton).
However, following the opening of Whitton railway station in Percy Road in 1931, housing development rapidly replaced the market gardens and the former Argyll Estate, having been sold for development in the 1890s. New parades of shops were built on either side of Percy Road from the railway station bridge to the junction with Nelson and Hounslow Roads. This stretch then became known as “High Street” Whitton.

A number of houses were damaged by enemy bombing in the early years of the Second World War. Before 1944, 86 Hounslow Road received a direct hit from a German bomb and was badly damaged, though not destroyed. In June 1944, 81 High Street received a direct hit from a V1 flying bomb. Part of the parade of shops and the flats above was totally destroyed and several people were killed. Around the same time a house in Lincoln Avenue was also destroyed by a V1 and several adjoining houses were severely damaged. (Extension builders in Whitton)

There was certainly a great deal of activity in the skies over Whitton during the early years of the war with the sound of air raid sirens and anti-aircraft guns very common by both day and night. A common sight during the Blitz was of RAF fighters scrambling from nearby airfields almost at rooftop height and low enough for the pilots to be seen in their cockpits.

Transport – Roads (Extension builders in Whitton)
Whitton has good road links and is only a ten-minute car journey from the M25 in clear traffic. Journeys to Kingston upon Thames take twenty minutes, whilst a journey to Richmond is fifteen minutes.

extension builders in Whitton

extension builders in Whitton

The Great Chertsey Road A316 runs along southern boundary of the town and was built in the 1930s which cut it off from Twickenham. The A316 becomes the M3 at Sunbury-on-Thames and connects with the M25 at junction 2. Going the other direction the A316 passes by Twickenham and then Richmond, Kew, Mortlake, and finally Chiswick where it joins The Great West Road A4.

Tube/Trains
The principal rail service from Whitton railway station is the Windsor Line into London Waterloo station taking 30 minutes on the ‘semi-fast’ service operated by South West Trains. There is also a ‘stopping’ service that calls at all stations and takes 40 minutes via Richmond, or 52 minutes via Hounslow. As the town does not have a London Underground station, connections are often made at Richmond for the District line, or Vauxhall station for the Victoria line. Many people also catch the 281 bus to connect with the Piccadilly line at Hounslow East.

Plans to increase the frequency of the ‘semi-fast’ service to four trains per hour were first discussed in the The Wessex Route Study consultation held in 2014 and are expected to be included in the new South Western franchise. However, Richmond Council has requested these go via the Hounslow Loop and not Richmond due to concerns about the amount of time the level crossing would need to be down in Barnes.

lofts and extension in Twickenham, loft conversion builders in Twickenham, extension builders in Twickenham, kitchen extension in Twickenham, construction company in Twickenham, builders in Twickenham, lofts and extension in Whitton, loft conversion builders in Whitton, extension builders in Whitton, kitchen extension in Whitton, construction company in Whitton, builders in Whitton, loft conversion builders in Richmond, extension builders in Richmond, builders in Richmond

Loft conversion builders in Whitton

loft conversion builders in Whitton

Loft conversion builders in Whitton – Provilla LTD as a construction company in Whitton, loft conversion builder and extension builders, kitchen extension

Stuart (loft conversion builders in Whitton)
Around 1640 Edmund Cooke built a large house close to the centre of the village. This was later bought by the court painter Sir Godfrey Kneller who pulled it down and in 1709 erected his own larger house. This in turn was considerably modified by later owners and was eventually acquired by the state in 1847 for use as a teacher training college and is now home to the Royal Military.

School of Music
At the centre of the original village, about 200 m from Kneller Hall is the White Hart, an inn dating back at least to the mid-17th century and possibly much earlier. Records relating to this inn seem to suggest that Whitton had an importance that was not well recorded, or that travellers passed through it in considerable numbers. A document of 1685 shows that it provided three beds, and stabling for ten horses; numbers which did not seem to fit with Whitton’s apparent status as a sleepy rural hamlet with only a few dozen inhabitants.

loft conversion builders in Whitton

loft conversion builders in Whitton

Georgian
At the northern end of Whitton was Whitton Park, the estate of the third Duke of Argyll, which he established in 1722 on land that had been enclosed some years earlier from Hounslow Heath. The Duke was an enthusiastic gardener and he imported large numbers of exotic species of plants and trees for his estate; he had professional advice from the Scottish gardener James Lee (1715—1795). After the Duke’s death his nephew, the third Earl of Bute, moved many of these, including mature trees, to the Princess of Wales’ new garden at Kew. This later became Kew Gardens and some of the Duke’s trees can still be seen there to this day.

Victorian
Whitton was renowned as a ‘market garden’, known for its roses, narcissi, lilies of the valley and for its apple, plum and pear orchards. Indeed, until the 1920s the village was still separated from the surrounding towns by open fields and much of the earlier character of the old village was retained well into the 1940s. However, in little more than a decade all that changed.

The coming of the railways in 1850 started to prompt more development with the area initially served by Hounslow & Whitton railway station (later renamed Hounslow railway station) built by London and South Western Railway and opened on 1 February 1850.

lofts and extension in Twickenham, loft conversion builders in Twickenham, extension builders in Twickenham, kitchen extension in Twickenham, construction company in Twickenham, builders in Twickenham, lofts and extension in Whitton, loft conversion builders in Whitton, extension builders in Whitton, kitchen extension in Whitton, construction company in Whitton, builders in Whitton, loft conversion builders in Richmond, extension builders in Richmond, builders in Richmond

Lofts and extension in Whitton

lofts and extension in Whitton

Lofts and extension in Whitton – Provilla LTD as a construction company in Whitton, loft conversion builder and extension builders, kitchen extension

Whitton is a leafy suburban area in the northwest corner of London Borough of Richmond upon Thames, England. The town has a railway station on the Windsor Line from London Waterloo and has good road links with the A316 running through the area that leads to the M3 motorway. The focus of the town is the High Street which is one of the best-preserved 1930s high streets in London. The most common type of housing in the area is Edwardian detached and semi-detached housing. At the western edge of London, many workers commute to adjacent counties, or to Central London; education, health and social work, retail, transport and catering businesses are also significant local employers. (lofts and extension in Whitton)

lofts and extension in Whitton

lofts and extension in Whitton

History
Formally part of the ancient parish of Twickenham until 1862 when it became a separate parish with the church of St Philip and St James opening that year. Due to rapid development the parish was divided again in the 1958 and the two electoral wards that make up the town still broadly follow these two parish boundaries.

Bronze Age (lofts and extension in Whitton)
In 1999, excavations on the former Feltham marshalling yard, located on the western boarder of Whitton, unearthed remains of an Iron Age furnace and post holes from a round house. There are various remains of former mills and other industrial archaeological features adjoining the River Crane and this part of the river is classified as an Archaeological Priority Area.

Norman
In Norman times Whitton was the western rural part of Twickenham which was in turn part of the Manor of Isleworth – itself part of the subdivision of the ancient county of Middlesex, England. The manor had belonged to Ælfgar, Earl of Mercia in the time of Edward the Confessor, but was granted to Walter de Saint-Valery (Waleric) by William I of England after the Norman Conquest of England in 1066.

Tudor (lofts and extension in Whitton)
Around 1540 gunpowder started to be produced along the river crane in what was to become known as the Hounslow Gunpowder Mills as it was sited on part of Hounslow Heath which at the time covered a large part of Twickenham. The site was chosen in part as it was away from built up areas, lessening the impact of accidental explosions.

By the 16th century the area that was to become Whitton started to see large houses being developed, as the fashionable society in Twickenham started to spread outward. The Elizabethan and Jacobean courtier Sir John Suckling built a house in the vicinity of the present Murray Park (his son the poet Sir John Suckling was born in Whitton in 1609). Sir John later replaced his first house with a grander residence on land adjoining today’s Warren Road.

lofts and extension in Twickenham, loft conversion builders in Twickenham, extension builders in Twickenham, kitchen extension in Twickenham, construction company in Twickenham, builders in Twickenham, lofts and extension in Whitton, loft conversion builders in Whitton, extension builders in Whitton, kitchen extension in Whitton, construction company in Whitton, builders in Whitton, loft conversion builders in Richmond, extension builders in Richmond, builders in Richmond

Loft conversion builders in Twickenham

loft conversion builders in Twickenham

Loft conversion builders in Twickenham

18th century (loft conversion builders in Twickenham)
In 1713 the nave of the ancient St Mary’s Church collapsed, and the church was rebuilt in the Neo-classical style to designs by a local architect, John James.

In 1736, the noted pharmacist and quack doctor Joshua Ward set up the Great Vitriol Works to produce sulphuric acid, using a process discovered in the seventeenth century by Johann Glauber in which sulphur is burned together with saltpetre (potassium nitrate), in the presence of steam. The process generates an extremely unpleasant smell, which caused objections from local residents. The area was also soon home to the world’s first industrial production facility for gunpowder, on a site between Twickenham and Whitton on the banks of the River Crane. There were frequent explosions and loss of life. On 11 March 1758, one of two explosions was felt in Reading, Berkshire, and in April 1774 another explosion terrified people at church in Isleworth.

Loft conversion builders in Twickenham

Loft conversion builders in Twickenham

In 1772 three mills blew up, shattering glass and buildings in the neighbourhood. Horace Walpole, 4th Earl of Orford, wrote complaining to his friend and relative Henry Seymour Conway, then Lieutenant General of the Ordnance, that all the decorative painted glass had been blown out of his windows at Strawberry Hill.

The powder mills remained in operation until 1927 when they were closed. Much of the site is now occupied by Crane Park, in which the old Shot Tower, mill sluices and blast embankments can still be seen. Much of the area along the river next to the Shot Tower is now a nature reserve.

Later (read also about the loft conversion builders in Twickenham)

The 1818 Enclosure Award led to the development of 182 acres (0.74 km2) of land to the west of the town centre largely between the present day Staines and Hampton Roads, new roads – Workhouse Road, Middle Road, 3rd, 2nd and 1st Common Roads (now First to Fifth Cross Roads respectively) – being laid out.[8] During the 18th and 19th centuries, a number of fine houses were built and Twickenham became a popular place of residence for people of “fashion and distinction”. Further development was stimulated by the opening of Twickenham station in 1848.
Electricity was introduced to Twickenham in 1902 and the first trams arrived the following year. (loft conversion builders in Twickenham)

loft conversion builders in Twickenham

In 1939, when All Hallows Lombard Street was demolished in the City of London, its distinctive stone tower designed by Christopher Wren, with its peal of ten bells and connecting stone cloister, and the interior furnishings, including a Renatus Harris organ and a pulpit used by John Wesley, were brought to Twickenham to be incorporated in the new All Hallows Church on Chertsey Road (A316) near Twickenham Stadium.

lofts and extension in Twickenham, loft conversion builders in Twickenham, extension builders in Twickenham, kitchen extension in Twickenham, construction company in Twickenham, builders in Twickenham, lofts and extension in Whitton, loft conversion builders in Whitton, extension builders in Whitton, kitchen extension in Whitton, construction company in Whitton, builders in Whitton, loft conversion builders in Richmond, extension builders in Richmond, builders in Richmond

Extension builders in Twickenham

extension builders in Twickenham

Economy (extension builders in Twickenham)
Twickenham has the largest shopping centre on the Middlesex half of the borough, second only to Richmond. As a London suburb, many local residents commute to central London or work locally in retail, hospitality, education or for one of the many professional firms based in the area. London Heathrow Airport is important to the local economy both through direct employment and the cluster of international firms that have their European headquarters in the Thames Valley area. Unemployment in the area is very low, however there is a big difference in the salaries earned by residents who work inside the borough, compared to those whose employment is based outside… extension builders in Twickenham

extension builders in Twickenham

extension builders in Twickenham

The council has been making efforts to regenerate Twickenham town centre as it has been struggling due to strong competition from Richmond and Kingston upon Thames. It differs from most town centres as it has fewer retail shops, particularly chain stores, and more cafes, restaurants, banks and estate agents. There has been a comprehensive scheme of town centre improvements including repaving in Yorkstone, a new arts centre, and improved gardens and riverside walk. However, plans to build a barge house for the Gloriana (barge) at Orleans Gardens and to the youth centre out of Heatham House so it could be converted into a hotel proved controversial and were dropped.

Population and housing – lofts and extension in Twickenham (read also about the extension builders in Twickenham)
Data for 1891–1961 is available for the Urban Sanitary District, that was then the Metropolitan Borough which always included Whitton. This area temporarily expanded for 31 years to include Hampton and Teddington from 1935, rising from 2,421 acres (9.80 km2) to 7,014 acres (28.38 km2). The 2001 and 2011 Censuses give detailed information about the town/district. The settlement’s population in 2011 were living in 22,273 households.

lofts and extension in Twickenham, loft conversion builders in Twickenham, extension builders in Twickenham, kitchen extension in Twickenham, construction company in Twickenham, builders in Twickenham, lofts and extension in Whitton, loft conversion builders in Whitton, extension builders in Whitton, kitchen extension in Whitton, construction company in Whitton, builders in Whitton, loft conversion builders in Richmond, extension builders in Richmond, builders in Richmond

Kitchen extension in Twickenham

Kitchen extension in Twickenham
Kitchen extension in Twickenham

Kitchen extension in Twickenham

Geography (Kitchen extension in Twickenham)
Twickenham is bounded by the River Thames on the south and the land is relatively flat though it does rise gently to the West as it approaches Whitton. The land is fertile and was home to numerous market gardens before housing became the predominant land use with the coming on the railways in the mid nineteenth century.

The town is bordered on the south-eastern side by the River Thames and Eel Pie Island — which is connected to the Twickenham embankment by a narrow footbridge, the first of which was erected in 1957. Before this, access was by means of a hand-operated ferry that was hauled across using a chain on the riverbed. The land adjacent to the river, from Strawberry Hill in the south to Marble Hill Park in the north, is occupied by a mixture of luxury dwellings, formal gardens, public houses and a newly built park and leisure facility.

In the south, in Strawberry Hill, lies St Mary’s University, Twickenham historically specializing in sports studies, teacher training, religious studies, the humanities, drama studies and English literature. Strawberry Hill was originally a small cottage in two or three acres (8,000 or 12,000 m²) of land by the River Thames. Horace Walpole, a son of the politician Robert Walpole, rented the cottage in 1747 and subsequently bought it and turned it into one of the incunabula of the Gothic revival. The college shares part of its campus with Walpole’s Strawberry Hill. On adjacent land were the villa and garden of the poet Alexander Pope. The villa was demolished in 1808/09 following the orders of Lady Howe, who became irritated with the large number of tourists who visited the place. The grotto which formed the basement survived. A memorial plaque was placed on the site in remembrance in 1848.

A road just north of the campus is named Pope’s Grove, and a local landmark next to the main road is the Alexander Pope Hotel (previously known as Pope’s Grotto), a public house and hotel where Pope’s landmark informal garden used to be. Near this hostelry lie St Catherine’s school for girls and St James’s school for boys, formerly a convent, in a building on the site of Pope’s white stucco villa and the location of Pope’s original — surviving — grotto. (Kitchen extension in Twickenham)

There are a large number of fine houses in the area, many of them Victorian. The open space known as Radnor Gardens lies opposite Pope’s Grotto.

Not far from Pope’s Grotto is the Roman Catholic Church of Saint James, which has a memorial window in the form of the Royal Arms of Portugal and memorials to Manuel II, Portugal’s last king, who worshipped here and died in nearby Fulwell Park in 1932.

Twickenham proper begins in the vicinity of Pope’s Grotto, with generally large period houses to the west, the traditional definition of which is Twickenham Green, and similar housing in the east all the distance to Richmond Bridge typically largest near the Thames. Further to the north and west lies the town of Whitton, an area once of allotments and farm land but as with much of the nearest part of Twickenham (separated by the A316) 1930s–1960s housing.

The districts of East Twickenham and St Margarets lie to the north-east of central Twickenham on the west side of Richmond Bridge, the shortest bridge on the Tideway. These are popular for their attractive tree-lined residential roads and an eclectic range of shops and cafés. St Margarets is the location of Twickenham Studios, one of London’s major film studios.

East Twickenham abuts the River Thames at Richmond Bridge and St Margarets has its river frontage immediately to the north. The great estate of Cambridge Park, home of Richard Owen Cambridge, the 18th-century satirical poet, was located here.

lofts and extension in Twickenham, loft conversion builders in Twickenham, extension builders in Twickenham, kitchen extension in Twickenham, construction company in Twickenham, builders in Twickenham, lofts and extension in Whitton, loft conversion builders in Whitton, extension builders in Whitton, kitchen extension in Whitton, construction company in Whitton, builders in Whitton, loft conversion builders in Richmond, extension builders in Richmond, builders in Richmond

Construction company in Twickenham

Education (read also about the construction company in Twickenham)
Richmond upon Thames College, a College of General Further and Higher Education, is on Egerton Road in Twickenham. Construction company in Twickenham

Transport (construction company in Twickenham)

construction company in Twickenham

construction company in Twickenham

Until 1971 London Transport operated a bus depot known as “Twickenham Garage” (coded AB) which was located in Cambridge Road, East Twickenham. The relevant destination blind for garage journeys always referred to this location as Richmond Bridge, which was close by. On closure, all its routes and vehicles were transferred to Fulwell bus garage, but the building remained under the ownership of London Transport until the mid-1990s when it was demolished to make way for a housing development.

Fulwell Garage was previously known as Fulwell Depot and was originally the base for London United Tramways in south west London. The trams were replaced by trolleybuses that started operating from Fulwell Depot in the 1930s. The trolleybuses were later replaced by AEC Routemaster buses and London’s last trolleybus terminated here on the night of 8 May 1962, following a commemorative circuit of the Fulwell routes by London’s first trolleybus, No.1 of the A1 class Felthams, known as “Diddlers”. This vehicle is preserved in working order.

Originally Twickenham station was situated on the western side of the A310 “London Road” bridge before the new station was opened on the eastern side. This accounts for roads named “Railway Approach” and “Station Road”, which now give no access to the station.

lofts and extension in Twickenham, loft conversion builders in Twickenham, extension builders in Twickenham, kitchen extension in Twickenham, construction company in Twickenham, builders in Twickenham, lofts and extension in Whitton, loft conversion builders in Whitton, extension builders in Whitton, kitchen extension in Whitton, construction company in Whitton, builders in Whitton, loft conversion builders in Richmond, extension builders in Richmond, builders in Richmond