Builders in Whitton | Provilla LTD as a construction company in Whitton, loft conversion builder and extension builders, kitchen extension
There are six primary & junior schools in the town with two of them being faith schools. The four local authority schools are Heathfield Primary (opened 1931) Healthfield Junior, Chase Bridge Primary and Nelson Primary (opened 1911). Bishop Perrin Primary Church of England (opened 1936) and St. Edmund’s Primary Roman Catholic (opened 1938) are the two voluntary-aided faith schools. (builders in Whitton)
The town only has one secondary school, Twickenham Academy. Whilst there are other schools nearby these are often over-subscribed which results in their being no parental choice for many parents. There are controversial plans to build a permanent home for Turing House School on Metropolitan Open Land at Hospital Bridge Road on the Bridge Farm Nursery site, and a new school called The Richmond upon Thames School has been approved and will be built on part of the Richmond upon Thames College site just over the A316 in neighbouring Twickenham.
builders in Whitton
in 1862 Whitton separated from St Mary’s, Twickenham to become the parish of St Philip and St. James Whitton. In anticipation of this change Church of St Philip and St James (C of E) was built. In 1935, due to population growth, St Augustine of Canterbury, Whitton, was created as a London Diocesan Home Mission church in 1935, within the parish of St Philip and St Paul, and met in the main hall of Bishop Perrin School, Hospital Bridge Road. Later in 1958 it became the parish of ‘St. Augustine Whitton’ to coincide with the opening of new St Augustine’s, Whitton that was opened further up Hospital Bridge Road.
A non-conformist Gospel Hall was built in 1881 on the western side of Nelson Road a few metres to the north of the junction with Warren Road. This became redundant with the opening of Whitton Baptist Church in Hounslow Road in 1935 and was later used by various commercial enterprises. The building of Whitton Baptist Church was funded by the compensation paid for the compulsory purchase of St Margaret’s Baptist Church, which was demolished during the construction of the Great Chertsey Road approach to the new Twickenham Bridge across the Thames in 1932. Another Baptist church, The Free Grace Baptist Church, was formed in 1964 and meets in a former Salvation Army Hall in Powder Mill Lane.
The Catholic Church of St Edmund of Canterbury is in Nelson Road and was opened in 1934 by the Edmundite Fathers (Society of Saint Edmund). In 1988 the Edmundite Fathers left Whitton, since when the parish has been in the care of secular clergy.